Wednesday, January 12, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things

As my lovely university is on a mountain - good choice, mr. architect - and there hath been some snow, I have a lovely snow day today.

Therefore, the Church of Meaghan says:

REJOICE! FOR THIS IS A DAY TO SIT ON THINE ASS & DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Forgive me, the documents I've been reading in history are written in an old form of English.

So, hence, I shall write of "a few of my favourite things" at the moment.

1 The Black Keys


I've liked these guys for a while now but I'm now in love with them.
Recently got all 3 cds. Their sound is different then most bands today.
Almost a throwback of sorts to the 60s/70s era of music. Mixture of rock and blues.
Highly recommend them to anyone who has yet to hear their music.

2 The New Adventures of Old Christine

It never fails, whenever I watch this show, I have a constant laughing fit.
The characters and their awkward relationships are shear comedic genius.
Next to the Big Bang, I'd say this is one of my fav sitcoms.

3 Anything to do with travel


Traveling is something I absolutely love and MUST do in the future.
I've been lucky enough to go to a lot of spectacular places in my 19 years and I plan to add on to that ever-growing list of destinations.
Where ever I go, I have to buy earrings (another one of my favourite things).
Some people collect stamps, keychains, or figurines, but I collect earrings...
from the South of France to downtown Seattle & everywhere in between.
I have a New York Pillow, a clapper board from Hollywood, a stack of postcards from Paris, and a vintage travel poster calendar. Love it!









4 Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

Love, love, LOVE this perfume
It's perfect for me because it's not too strong yet not overly subtle.
Has the flowery-fruity smell I adore.

5 Cupcakes

Ok, I've always loved cupcakes... who doesn't?
But recently I've gone a bit mad.
I bought a large amount of sprinkles, a cupcake holder, and an icing kit.
For Christmas I got a little recipe book devoted to cupcakes and some cute paper cups for cupcakes.
So... anyone up for something sweet?

6 Sudoku

This past Christmas break I gained a new obsession: Sudoku.
Every free morning I do the daily paper's Sudoku with my cup of tea and breakfast.
I must admit, though, that I fail horribly at those puzzles which are 4-5 * difficulties.

7 XboxKinect

So. Much. Fun.
The Kinect Sports and DanceCentral games are my favourite.
Gets me off the couch from playing Tomb Raider and on my feet gettin' some activity in.
Extremely fun.

I guess those are all of my fav. things that I can think of at the moment.
So, arrivederci i miei amici!

No comments:

Post a Comment